With a little help from the Tesco Community Fund, these people were able to deliver a good deed to people in their communities and have a bit of fun along the way.
1. These Dublin-based Gardaí that held a Christmas Party for their local elderly care home
“It was such a happy afternoon and the Garda band was brilliant and hit the dancefloor with us after their performance. The donation from Tesco was used to buy minerals, biscuits, decorations and prizes!”
2. Thumper the seal who got a second chance at sea thanks to a local rescue centre in Gorey
“All our seals are named after Disney animals! Thumper was lucky enough to get the backing he needed to be released… alongside his new girlfriend Tinkerbelle."
3. This Tesco colleague that went out of his way to help after reading about an accident in the local newspaper
The Mark Nugent accident fund was set up by the family and friends of a young man who was injured in a motorcycle accident. Chris Sholtz, a member of staff in Tesco Hazelhatch, read about his story in a local newspaper and reached out for details so that he could enter him in the Tesco Community Fund.
4. This young pup that was rescued & cared for by the DSPCA
…...Not to mention this little guy, off to his forever home with his new family *sob*
5. Boher National School in Nenagh that created a sensory garden for its students with autism
6. This mum who set up a riding school for children with disability in memory of her daughter Olivia
“We’ve had amazing feedback from parents regarding our camps and it was great to be able to use the donation from our local Tesco store toward a camp day for the children in the local community who could benefit from the service we offer.
"We know from our own experiences that it can be extremely difficult to find activities suitable for children with special needs.”
7. These seven lads from the local Men’s Shed who gave their time to build a child’s bench and wheelbarrow for a children’s hospital raffle
We’re not crying, YOU'RE crying!!
The Tesco Community takes place in all Tesco stores. You can nominate a cause in your local Tesco store or online by clicking here today. Every 8 weeks, we’ll donate up to €1,000 in each store and over €100,000 across the country to local good causes.